Istanbul and Hong Kong
- 15 years ago, Istanbul did not look like Hong Kong at all, it is very similar now, shopping malls, consumer society.
- Hong Kong serves three continents: Asia, America, Australia
- Istanbul serves three continents: Europe, Asia, Africa
- Chinese flights from Istanbul
- They started at 8.8.1998.
- China: Central Country (Zhong Gou)
- 1978-2028: 50-year plan
An important similarity between Hong Kong and Istanbul is related to HUMAN VALUE:
- An important part of the population of Hong Kong was the Shanghai refugees who fled Shanghai and kidnapped their capital with the entry of Mao’s Red Army.
- Istanbul is also enriched by immigrants who emigrated from Rumelia (Bulgaria, Yugoslavia) and refugees from Greece.
- Refugee psychology and the traumas they have experienced have led people to become more connected to life, to be more hardworking and productive in their work.
- Contrary to popular belief, the highest price in exports to 50 countries was in the Chinese market.
- I learned Mandarin Chinese to localize in a global Marketplace.
- I worked directly with customers to be “face to face with the market“
- I used the Chinese name (Ai Li Min-ring service people)
Difference of Culture
- When I went to the showroom opening of my Chinese customer, I was very surprised that the host Mr.Ng had taken the first piece of the whole chicken brought out and ate it in the atmosphere full of guests.
- When I asked my Chinese secretary about the reason, he said that the chicken was a symbol of fertility and that his office ate the first meal because it was faithful to bring fertility.